Monday, December 15, 2008

Dad, my shoes have become smaller!

Last week, my youngest kid told me "Dad, my shoes have become smaller!" as we were getting ready to go out. My immediate respond was "It is not that they are getting smaller but rather because you are growing up fast!"

Then it hit me that they are growing up fast and i have taken it for granted that they will always be the kids that they are and i can compensate them for the lost chance/time whenever i feel like it as simple as a push on the time-machine button just like in the movie "Back to the future" by Micheal J Fox.

Then an idea came up as i have to attend the DAP state committee meeting as well as the annual convention on the 13rd and 14th of December to be held in Kuching, i asked them whether they would like to go to Kuching with me. The answer is of course a foregone conclusion as i am writing this in the house of my in-laws in Kuching.

Today,we visited the Muzium in Kuching and did some window shopping around Cat city. To our delight was we ran into the mascot of the KFC at the restaurant and my wife did not miss the opportunity to arrange the photo session and was happily clicking away. Fortunately the digital age save me a lot of money as we can appreciate the photos without having to develop the films and it is also more enviromental friendly as well.

I am glad that i have spent some quality time with them although most of the time they have to go their own way as i was too busy attending the DAP's meeting and convention. At least we can mix official businesses with family outings if we want to. At least the next time my kid tell me "Dad, my ..." i would know that it is another sign of time passing by fast but i do not have to have a sense of guilt.

No comments:

DAVID WONG'S BLOG

MOUTH PIECE 4 SARAWAKIAN

Blog Archive

Labels