Saturday, June 21, 2008

Praise the Lord, 5 new members join our family













Photos from top down
1)The mother holds the puppy in her arms,
2)5 bundles of joys line-up for milk and warmth
3)Beautiful, ain't they?
4)Closed-up of two of them
5)My boys became the early-bird because of the puppies
6)How sweet is the little one sleeping in her mother's arms?







Yesterday, 20Th June 2008, was a very special although hectic one for me. I had a busy day as it all started from 14oo hour as one(1) National Service trainee called me from the Bumimas camp in Sibu informing me that he had been asked to relocate to Bintulu. His case was handled by me as his father was very sick and i helped him to get the approval from Khidmat Negara HQ to be allowed to be stationed in Sibu Bumimas camp instead of Bintulu. We got the approval on the 2nd 0f June and the letter was faxed to me from KL. But this trainee was informed that he has to get his butts off Bumimas camp yesterday instead after being in the camp for the last 13 days.


I was puzzled as to why and how the local Camp commandant could able over-rule the decision of the administrative personnel of its HQ.Another thought went through my mind was my press statement the day before urging the government to scrap the National Service immediately. I rushed to the Bumimas Camp accompanied by my wife and after i showed them the letter and told them that the trainee stays or else they have to get their own butts out of the Camp. Finally everything was settled but that have shown us the quality of the Khidmat Negara's administration.

I reached home at around 1540 and it was pouring down heavily then. As i drove into the house compound, our pet dog, a bitch of around 7 years old, was actually howling which was unusual. My wife said she must be hungry and that our maid might have forgotten to feed her. I walked to her as she was lying at the car pouch and patted her head and then i brought some food for her and left her there. I was thinking to myself that the vet might have to be called as i look at her belly which was a bit swollen. 10 minutes after as i was sitting down at the computer table, our maid called us excitedly "dia beranak!" or she is giving birth in English. My wife and the kids all went Berserk and was in a frantic mood as they saw the first born puppy (in white and black spots).


Well i was excited too and wanted to have a look at the puppy but no, my wife would not let me near them! She told me that as i was born in the year of the tiger, it was taboo for me to face the newly born animals with unopened eyes. That i have heard since i was a kid as it was the Chinese belief that the mother would consume its own new born if they were being exposed to a person with the Tiger's Zodiac symbol.

Then my phone rang, it was from Law Hui Ung, the personal assistance to our state Chairman, Wong Ho Leng. He asked me whether i was free as our Chairman had called for a press conference and wanted me to join him. I asked him whether it was that important and urgent and he told me the topic of the PC is "RICE" which i was taken by many as the key man in a sense. But i knew that i need someone who knows better and i called up a rice whole seller to assist us.

I had to rush to our Chairman's office although my own pet is having the most important moment of her life. We had a press conference at 1645 and we shown to the press the unbelievable sample of 15% broken rice which Bernas has released to the rice whole sellers.There were rice mice in the sampled rice and the rice is very powdery. Our Chairman told the press that he will bring the sample rice to KL for the chemist to check whether it is consumable or whether it is fit for human consumption.

After the PC i rushed home to welcome the second puppy (brown with dark spot) and my wife told me that that should be it. But she can not be more wrong as our pet gave birth on interval until well over mid night. She gave us five (5) bundles of joys all with their own characteristics and different colours as well.

My kids have been quarreling over the rightful ownership of the puppies this morning and they begged their mother to keep all 5 of them. We haven't decided yet as it is simply irresponsible to keep all of them if we can't manage to provide well for them, imagine 6 adults dogs in a semi-detached house! Well, we just have to take good care of them and God will definitely shows us the way when the time comes.

Before we hit the bed, my wife commented how magnificent is "life" and i told her it was the gifts from God. Praise the Lord for my hectic and meaningful day and praise the Lord for everything he provides for our family.


David Wong

21-06-2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. They are Dalmatians, I see. I hope you or the new owners will treat them with decency. Sometimes I see the way Sibuians treat the dogs whether imported branded dogs or just local dogs are horrible. Sorry to say that if the people cannot take care of the dogs or think of dogs / pets as just nothing, please at least have a heart to give away to others who have love for all God's creatures.

The local camp commandant of the khidmat negara is another Little Napoleon. You should contact Lee Lam Thai and give him this commandant's name so that this commandant will not perform the so call service to the nation by being so bossy. Actually the Khidmat Negara for the kids is to have fun and make friends. I doubt all of them know truely what it means to love the country and to respect all individuals. Probably the government brainwash them into supporting Barisan Nasional and sweet them them into thinking how good our money loving BN is.

DAVID WONG'S BLOG

MOUTH PIECE 4 SARAWAKIAN

Blog Archive

Labels